Writer's Workshop is a teaching technique that invites students to write by making the process a meaningful part of the classroom curriculum. In Writer's Workshop, students organize thoughts to create a story or write about a given topic and develop it into an understandable narrative with a voice and focus that present information to the reader. Students are able to use writing mechanics comfortably and the shift in their cognitive abilities to higher order thinking allows them to develop a more sophisticated sense of what makes good writing.A Mini- Lesson is usually a 5-10 minute whole class activity and may be as simple as doing guided writing from a story, or how revision codes are used. For instance, today's mini lesson was about punctuation. One of the many sentences I used was..
The student, said the teacher, was crazy.

1 comment:
Writer's Workshop is cool!! I'd love to teach it in higher grade like 6th I can't imagine what they could come up with!! WAY TO ROCK!!
Post a Comment