Friday, April 10, 2009

Creating a Vortex

For Science we have been learning about Catastrophic Events.


One of the may things that students have learned is that many large thunderstorms come together over ocean water and begin to swirl like a vortex. When this vortex becomes powerful enough, it is called a hurricane.



One of the several experiments that we have done in class was to create a vortex. Through this experiment, students also learned that in order for the water to flow down - the air must flow up.

I absolutely love to see my young scientists completely engaged in their learning!

This was a great success and students really enjoyed this hands on experiment.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the best class that I have ever been in. It was an awesome activity and I expect to have more fun activities. Thank you Maestra Cole!

From your student - Alvaro P.